This year the HCSS youth seat is open to rising sophomores and above who attend a Hanover County Public School. Students with the following qualifications will be considered for the youth seat:
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher
- Be a Hanover County Resident
- Attend a Hanover County Public School (i.e. Atlee, Hanover, Lee-Davis or Patrick Henry High School)
- Have community service or work experience with people who have developmental disabilities, mental health challenges, and/or substance use disorder
- 2 Letters of Recommendation will be required and an essay
- Please be aware the HCSS typically meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5:00 PM.
Click Here to download the Hanover Community Support Services Youth Seat Application.
Applications must be submitted and postmarked by June 30, 2019. Please mail your completed application to:
P.O. Box 1594
Ashland, Virginia 23005
Please contact Ashley White at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the submission of your application.